The Jefferson County Bar Association is a valuable resource for our legal professionals and the community-at-large.
We are dedicated to our members and increasing our community's understanding and appreciation of the legal system.
It is the purpose of the JCBA to:
- promote the public interest of Jefferson County, Texas by protecting and advancing the professional interests of persons licensed to practice law
- improve relations between the Bench and Bar and the public
- to perform charitable, educational, scientific and literary purposes of the Association
A quick glimpse into our Bar Association:
- We have an active association with 631 current members.
- We have an active young laywers association with 115 members. The JCBA & JCYLA have a strong relationship working together on all projects.
- We currently have two sections -- A Family Law Section & Criminal Defense Section -- that hold alternating bi-montly CLE meetings
- We offer a wide variety of programming such as a Pro Bono Program, a Lawyer Referral Service, a Client Attorney Assistance Program, various CLE opportunities, a quarterly member publication, multiple community service projects and social avenues for members.
Our Board of Directors are hard at work building a stronger Association for our members and our community. Our fiscal year runs from June 1 - May 31.